Polyvalan Crystallophore No1
Polyvalan Crystallophore No1 (patent pending) is a luminescent Terbium complex that is an effective nucleant and provides significant isomorphous and anomalous phasing power.
Crystallophore No1 acts as a nucleating agent and improves crystal quality of pre-existing hits. As shown right for T5 phage with and without Crystallophore No 1.
Crystallophore No1 luminesces strongly in the visible region under UV excitation making detecting crystals in drops and loops easy. See left.
Terbium is a lanthanide and therefore has significant potential for use as an anomalous scatterer and in traditional isomorphous replacement. When Crystallophore No1 has been used as a nucleant, it is often found bound to the protein thus providing high quality phasing power.
(right) P. horikoshii Protease 1 electron density from SAD phasing using the Terbium LIII absorption edge. Crystal grown in 10 mM and then soaked in 100 mM crystallophore No1.
Improve your hit rate
- set upto 6 trays (with 100 nl protein drops) per vial.
- Compatible with standard protein crystallization trial conditions:
- Water soluble.
- Does not precipitate or self-crystallize in 584 commercial screen conditions tested.
- Generates novel hits compared to protein alone
- Improves crystal quality when hit also occurs without Crystallophore No1 (left).
- Doubles the number of crystal screening hits for many proteins, the effect can be much larger for some targets.
- Reduces protein AND precipitant concentration required to produce nucleation (left).
- Crystallophore No 1 excitation possible between 250 and 380 nm.
- Emission in the visible range between 475 and 635 nm.
- Crystals glow with a green light and are easy to discern ‘by eye’:
- Easily identify crystal hits in drops.
- Simply locate crystal in loop when collecting data.
- Tb3+has 62 electrons making it ideal for heavy atom phasing.
- Powerful tool for SAD and SIRAS phasing: Terbium’s LIII absorption edge is around 1.6 Å (7.5 KeV, f” ~ 30 electrons), with significant anomalous signal present far from the edge.
- Crystals grown in presence of our suggested concentration of 10 mM Crystallophore No1, may be soaked in 10x more concentrated compound for optimum phasing.
Polyvalan's Crystallophore No1 is available to purchase here.
- Anatrace and Molecular Dimensions are joining forces to provide a comprehensive set of tools ... Read more
- The recent EMBO conference Towards Novel Therapies: Emerging insights from structural and molecular ... Read more
- The Biological Structures group of the BCA staged a fitting tribute to Prof Steve Woods on his retir ... Read more
- It was great to see so many crystallographers at ASCA in Hanoi. We were bowled over by the amazing f ... Read more
- ECM 30 was a great meeting as the photos on the @MolecularD twitter feed demonstrate. We saw lots of ... Read more
- The six winners of our glass blocks at the ACA in Denver were: Avni Bhatt (University of Flori ... Read more
- Congratulations to Sara Silva at ITQB in Portugal who won a lovely hamper from Fortnum & Mason: ... Read more
- The first winner of our customer review prize draw was Aleksandra Fulara from the University of Ghen ... Read more
- The winner from the final quarter of 2015 was Altijana Hromic from Karl-Franzens-University with thi ... Read more
- See our new 2015 catalogue supplement here. Contains new screens & additive screens, plates, di ... Read more