Morpheus® II MD1-91
Morpheus II - 96 x 10 mL conditions optimized to yield crystals not observed in traditional screens and also includes heavy atoms for experimental phasing as well as polyols for cryoprotection.
Features of Morpheus® II:
- Targeted incorporation of 35 low- molecular weight PDB ligands into 96 conditions.
- Incorporation of heavy atoms as additives for experimental phasing.
- Suitable for membrane proteins with PEGS and polyols as main precipitants.
- The inclusion of NDSBs, polyamines, amino acids and monosaccharides to enhance solubility and stability of many proteins for crystallization.
- New polyols included for cryoprotection of conditions: no need to investigate more conditions for cryo-cooling.
- Innovative buffer systems facilitate pH optimization.
- Readily available Morpheus® II Optimization reagents including the Mixes and Stock reagents.
The mix of polyamines must be prepared and added to the 12 corresponding tubes, hence only the raw chemicals are present in the screen kit (powder mix is given in a 15 ml glass bottle in order to prepare 13 ml using ultrapurewater).
- Gorrec, F (2009), The MORPHEUS protein crystallization screen J Appl Cryst 42, 1035-1042
- Gorrec, F (2013), The current approach to initial crystallization screening of proteins is under-sampled J Appl Cryst 46, 795-797.
- Gorrec, F (2015), The Morpheus II protein crystallization screen, ICCBM15 proceedings (Special Issue, Acta Cryst F71, p. 831-837).