RUBIC Buffer Screen MD1-96
RUBIC buffer screen- designed at the EMBL Hamburg and optimized for Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (ThermoFluor®) to determine optimum conditions for protein stability, purification and storage. Suitable for use with any protein stability assay.
MD1-96 is presented as 96 x 0.5 mL conditions in a deep-well block
Features of RUBIC Buffer Screen:
- Conditions optimized for Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (DSF).
- Identify conditions that enhance protein stability.
- Optimize purification and storage conditions.
- Screen for global parameters e.g. pH, salt concentrations, buffer type and concentration.
- Tested on more than 200 different protein constructs.
- Suits a wide range of proteins (small, large, complexes, DNA binding proteins etc.) and applications.
- Compatible with Thermofluor, thermal shift assays, differential static light scattering
Boivin S, Kozak S, Meijers R. (2013) Optimization of protein purification and characterization using Thermofluor screens. Protein Expr Purif. 91(2):192-206.
Newman J. (2004) Novel buffer systems for macromolecular crystallization. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 60:610-2.
RUBIC Buffer screen is free of preservatives. Shipping at Room Temperature. Short-term Storage at 4˚C. It is recommended that users prefill plates and store them at -20˚C.ThermoFluor is a registered trademark of Johnson and Johnson.