Maximize your screening potential with the drug-like additives in the new Morpheus III screen.
Exclusively from Molecular Dimensions, the new Morpheus® III screen uniquely contains a range of small, drug-like compounds to aid protein stabilization and crystallization.
- The screen increases the chances of a hit by expanding the amount of chemical space screened with 44 small drug-like compounds including phytochemicals, antibiotics, cholic acid derivatives and vitamins.
- Unique to Morpheus III, these compounds aid crystallization as they can be protein stabilizing and are often found in structures in the PDB.
- Morpheus III is not biased towards particular macromolecules or reagents as it was designed de novo and optimized against a broad range of protein samples.
- Hits can be easily optimized with the Hippocrates™ additive screen which contains all 44 drug-like compounds used in Morpheus III (see this webinar for advice about optimizing Morpheus conditions).
- The novel chemical space is systematically explored with a 3D grid, utilizing 8 additive mixes, 4 cryoprotected precipitant mixes and 3 buffer systems (see right).
Morpheus III is the latest member of the Morpheus screen family developed by Dr Fabrice Gorrec of the MRC-LMB, Cambridge, UK. Dr Gorrec is the creator of a range of popular and novel screens including Morpheus and the LMB Crystallization screen, all of which have successfully crystallized a number of challenging targets. Theoretical and pragmatic aspects are taken into account in the formulation of these screens from scratch and the methodolgy behind them is described in a freely available webinar (left).
Gorrec, F. The Morpheus II protein crystallization screen. Acta Crystallographica section F Structural Biology Communications 71: 831-837 (2015).
Gorrec, F. The current approach to initial crystallization screening of proteins is under-sampled. Journal of Applied Crystallography 46: 795-7 (2013).
Gorrec, F. The MORPHEUS protein crystallization screen. Journal Applied Crystallography 42: 1035-42.
Gorrec, F and Löwe, J. Automated protocols for Macromolecular Crystallization at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology. J. Vis. Exp.131 (2018).
The Morpheus® III screen was developed at the MRC-LMB, Cambridge, UK and exclusively licensed to Molecular Dimensions by LifeARC.
- Anatrace and Molecular Dimensions are joining forces to provide a comprehensive set of tools ... Read more
- The recent EMBO conference Towards Novel Therapies: Emerging insights from structural and molecular ... Read more
- The Biological Structures group of the BCA staged a fitting tribute to Prof Steve Woods on his retir ... Read more
- It was great to see so many crystallographers at ASCA in Hanoi. We were bowled over by the amazing f ... Read more
- ECM 30 was a great meeting as the photos on the @MolecularD twitter feed demonstrate. We saw lots of ... Read more
- The six winners of our glass blocks at the ACA in Denver were: Avni Bhatt (University of Flori ... Read more
- Congratulations to Sara Silva at ITQB in Portugal who won a lovely hamper from Fortnum & Mason: ... Read more
- The first winner of our customer review prize draw was Aleksandra Fulara from the University of Ghen ... Read more
- The winner from the final quarter of 2015 was Altijana Hromic from Karl-Franzens-University with thi ... Read more
- See our new 2015 catalogue supplement here. Contains new screens & additive screens, plates, di ... Read more